The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: October 4, 2019
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.2g (09/30/2019)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 API Function Changes
SGML and Underlying Parser
– The SGML Parser has been enhanced to allow for effectively unlimited parameter entries and heap size. This significantly increases the capacity to deal with large XBRL and other XML tags.
– SGMLGetEntryProperties had two keynames spelled incorrectly, paramter to parameter and paramter_token to parameter_token. If code referenced the old names, it will not work in this version forward.
– Added POST times for EDGAR submission functions. See Appendix C.
1.2 New API Functions
– ODBCFetchBinary — Returns a handle to a Data Object for a column that has 'blob' type data.
– GetLongPathName — Returns a corrected long path name for a specified string (filename and path).
– GetShortPathName — Returns an 8.3 short path name for specified string (filename and path).