The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: September 21, 2020
Note that because there were no changes relevant to Legato Basic, the version 1.2o was only released as part of GoFiler 5.5b.
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.2n/1.2o (09/21/2020)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 API Function Changes
– Corrected an issue with the StringToDate function using the SD_RFC-2822 format. If the day of the week was missing, it would result in an syntax error. The day of the week portion is now considered optional.
– Changed the format parameter on the StringToDate function from int to dword. This is only a semantic change since the parameter contains bitwise binary flags. Also changed the documentation to reflect the default value is SD_ISO_8601.
– Changed the return value of the LogSetMessageType function to return the previous message type value.
– Updated the CharacterEntityToValue function to handle 24-bit Unicode characters.
– Updated the SGMLCharEntityToValue function to handle 24-bit Unicode characters.
– Updated the SGMLGetCharacterValue function to handle 24-bit Unicode characters.
1.2 New Menu Function Parameters
– Added templates to proof functions.