The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: November 25, 2019
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.2h (11/25/2019)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 General Changes and Enhancements
– EDGARSetCredentials updated to allow 12 character password for EDGAR 19.3.
1.2 API Function Changes
SGML and Underlying Parser
– Improved SGML/HTML/XML (XBRL) error processing for bad tag names and invalid encoding.
– Added encoding testing for XML/XBRL attribute values.
– Improved processing of CSS with encoded characters.
– Improved writing encoding for attributes to work across HTML 3.2, HTML 4.0, HTML 5, XHTML, iXBRL and XBRL.
– Corrected an issue with a required parameter on LogToTable which was not actually required.
1.3 New API Functions
– GetApplicationStartTick — Returns the time the application was started as the system tick count.
– GetApplicationStartTime — Returns the time the application was started as ISO-8601 UTC.
– GetLastActivityTick — Gets the last tick count for all user activities or a a class of activities.
– GetScriptStartTime — Returns the time the script started in ISO-8601 UTC.
– MenuGetFunctionProperties — Returns an array of properties for a specified function.
– QuickKeyEnumerate — Enumerates all keys for a specific view.
– QuickKeyRegister — Registers a quick key for use within a view. Name, Key ID, Function ID.