The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: May 27, 2020
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.2k (05/26/2020)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 General Changes and Enhancements
– Corrected an issue where setting a char or wchar array to a string would over mark the last position of the array depth.
1.2 Revised API Functions
– Added option to supply a Data Object as the source data for the HexBufferToByteString function.
– Added option to supply a Data Object as either the source or destination data for the BinaryCopySegment function.
– Added logic to set the depth of single dimension arrays when using the BinaryCopySegment function.
– Added option to supply a key name for the column in the FindInTable function.
– Added UTF-8 support to the CSVReadTable function.
– Added option to the CSVReadTable function to read in key names as the header of the incoming data support.
– Added float and int-related data types to the CSVReadTable function and improved syntax error reporting for the incoming data.
1.3 New API Functions
Binary Data Functions
– BinaryReadRecord — Reads a series of variables from a specified source.
– BinaryWriteRecord — Writes a series of variables to a specified target.