On December 12, 2016, EDGAR 16.4 was released by the Securities and Exchange Commission. This release primarily contained updates for Form MA and Form ABS-EE.
Changes to Municipal Advisor Forms
– The SEC has released a technical specification for Forms MA, MA-A, MA-I, MA-W and their amendments. This will aid filers in constructing these forms. Filers can now also submit their own constructed forms from the EDGAR Filing Website.
– Filers can provide up to 200 owners instead of 50 owners for Schedules A-1, A-2, B-1, and B-2 for Form MA, MA-A, and MA/A submissions.
Changes to Form ABS-EE
– EDGAR was upgraded to allow an entity with any Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code value or no value (NULL) to request the creation of ABS Issuing Entities.
– EDGAR was updated to allow duplicate submissions for ABS-EE.
– EDGARLink Online was updated for ABS-EE and ABS-EE/A submissions so non-existent CIKs will be flagged as errors during data entry. Previously, this error was flagged after the submission has been sent and processed by EDGAR.
– The ABS Asset Data files were updated as follows:
– For the RMBS ABS Asset Class: Added a new item, Item 1(c)(13)(vi), Most Senior Lien Origination Date. This item uses the date format MM/YYYY.
– For the CMBS ABS Asset Class:Item 2(c)(28)(iv), ARM Margin Number was changed from an integer to a percentage.
– The maximum allowable submission size for Form ABS-EE and Form ABS-EE/A was increased to 600MB.
XBRL and iXBRL Updates
– EDGAR now transforms word expressions for numbers, dates, and word or symbol expressions for QNames and nil expressions into their respective XML representations in Inline XBRL submissions.
– Filers can provide typed dimensions in XBRL submissions.
– The following HTML tags are now usable in traditional XBRL documents: <SPAN>, <TBODY>, <TFOOT>, and <THEAD>.
– All ASCII character validations were removed for broker-dealer entity name fields on Forms 17HACON, 17HACON/A, 17HQCON and 17HQCON/A.
– When using the EDGAR Filing Website to create and submit Regulation A forms, filers can now change the order of the uploaded documents and simultaneously select/deselect all uploaded documents on the Attach Documents List screen. This change affects Forms DOS, DOS/A, 1-A, 1-A/A, 1-A POS, 1-K, and 1-K/A.
Version 4.16a of the GoFiler family addresses these changes to EDGAR. If you need to update your version of GoFiler, use the Check for Updates function within your software. For a full list of improvements that were made for Version 4.16a, read our release notes.