On January 25, 2016, EDGAR 16.0.1 was released by the Securities and Exchange Commission. This release
contained new EDGAR forms and some minor updates to the specification for Form N-MFP1.
New EDGAR Forms
The following new forms pertain to “funding portals”, pursuant to Regulation Crowdfunding:
– CFPORTAL: Initial application of funding portal
– CFPORTAL/A: Amendment to registration, including a successor registration
– CFPORTAL-W: Withdrawal of the funding portal's registration
These forms can be accessed on the EDGAR Filing Website by clicking on the Regulation Crowdfunding link in the left navigation bar.
Changes to Form N-MFP1
Changes were made to Form N-MFP1 and Form N-MFP1/A as follows:
– Item C.8.b through Item C.8.h has been updated to be a repeatable group of items for a repurchase agreement.
– Item A.14.b has been updated to require the filer to provide a decimal value (up to 12 digits before the decimal and 2 digits after the decimal).
Filers can now select “Funding Portal” as their applicant type when applying for EDGAR access using the EDGAR Filer Management Website.
Version 4.11a of the GoFiler family (released January 25, 2015) addresses some of these changes to EDGAR. Due to the lengthiness of the new forms, Form CFPORTAL and Form CFPORTAL-W will be available in a subsequent release of GoFiler. If you need to update your version of GoFiler, use the Check for Updates function within your software. For a full list of improvements that were made for Version 4.11a, read our release notes.