Wednesday, September 01. 2021
Organizations and investment professionals with obligations under the federal securities laws who may have been affected by Hurricane Ida are encouraged to contact the SEC offices with their questions. Staff from the following divisions will evaluate the appropriateness of providing regulatory relief for those affected by the storm:
- Division of Examinations staff in the SEC’s Miami Regional Office (covers Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico) can be reached at 305-982-6300 or email@example.com.
- Division of Examinations staff in the SEC’s Atlanta Regional Office (covers Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama) can be reached at 404-842-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Division of Corporation Finance staff can be reached at 202-551-3500 or via online submission.
- Division of Investment Management staff can be reached at 202-551-6825 or email@example.com.
- Division of Trading and Markets staff can be reached at 202-551-5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Municipal Securities staff can be reached at 202-551-5680 or email@example.com.
Contact information for other regional offices can be found here.
Individuals experiencing difficulties accessing their securities accounts and those with issues or concerns related to the storm may contact the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy by phone at 1-800-SEC-0330 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investors should exercise caution regarding Hurricane Ida-related securities scams and make use of the easy, no-cost search tool on Investor.gov to check the background of anyone offering an investment. Persons who try to defraud storm victims will face prosecution by the Division of Enforcement. The SEC asks investors to report suspected securities fraud or wrongdoing by visiting sec.gov.