Friday, June 03. 2022
EDGAR Release 22.1 will implement the following updates on June 21, 2022:
- Pertaining to Release 34-93701, the Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act Disclosure (HFCAA), EDGAR will be updated to include new submission form type SPDACL that will allow registrants to indicate that they are not owned or controlled by a governmental entity in a foreign jurisdiction.
Under the final amendment to the rule, filers were required to provide documentation in an appropriate public EDGAR submission. To streamline the submission process, EDGAR has been updated to provide the SPDSCL submission type allowing a filer to choose a category that signifies that the filer is submitting documentation that verifies that it is not controlled by a foreign government. This submission facilitates identification of required documentation for both the SEC staff and the public.
- The SEC has issued substituted compliance orders allowing some foreign firms to file annual audit in line with their home country’s laws rather than according to the SEC’s rules, provided they also submit a copy of these annual financial statements to the SEC in the method established on the SEC’s website. In keeping with these orders, the “Oath or Affirmation” and “Notary Public” sections of the Form X-17A-5 Part III will not be accessible to foreign non-broker-dealer security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants who rely on a SEC-substituted compliance order.
- EDGAR has been updated to support both the IFRS 2022 and VIP 2022Q2 taxonomies. The SEC is removing the versions from the earliest year of all XBRL taxonomies for which there are currently versions from three years outstanding. For a complete list of supported standard taxonomies, visit sec.gov.
- As a component of Release 33-10532, Disclosure Update and Simplification (DUSTR), the following exhibits are rescinded and removed from the “Type” drop down menu on the documents tab and filer-created submission:
Exhibit 11 for the following submission form types and their amendments:
Exhibit 12 for the following submission form types and their amendments:
Exhibit 19 for the following submission form type and its amendment:
Exhibit 26 for the following submission form types and their amendments:
- Filers with a file number that begins with 001- are now permitted to use submission form types 15-12G and 15-12G/A to provide notice of termination of registration of a class of securities in compliance with Section 12(g) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Submission form types 15-12B and 15-12B/A are rescinded.
- Technical adjustments have been made to sections 6.5.21, 6.5.40, 6.5.55, 6.5.56, and 6.16.11 of Volume II of the EDGAR Filer Manual to clarify data validations for submissions by investment companies registered on Forms N-1A, N-2, and N-3.
- To address software changes made previously in EDGAR, the EDGAR Filer Manual has been modified thusly:
On April 18, 2022, EDGAR Release 22.1.1 introduced the following changes:
- EDGAR was updated to keep a firm from modifying another firm’s MA‑I.
- The N-CEN XML schema eis_Common.xsd file was revised to correct the attachment list.
On May 31, 2022, EDGAR Release 22.1.2 introduced the following change:
As part of Release 33-10997, the SEC amended rules in October 2021 that updated filing fee disclosure and payment methods. EDGAR will be modernized to allow filers to pay filing fees via credit card, debit card, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit payment methods. Filers will be able to initiate payments through Treasury’s Pay.gov system and rely on it to perform the payment processing for ACH and debit and credit card payments. As of May 31, 2022, the lockbox for the receipt of checks is no longer available. Checks received after this date will be returned to the sender.
Should the SEC approve the final version of the EDGAR Filer Manual, it will be made available on the SEC’s website on June 21, 2022 or thereabouts.
For general inquiries, contact Filer Support at (202) 551-8900 (choose Option 3).